Distracted School Day Feedback

Summary

• My project aimed to show some of the distractions that take place in my distanced learning environment. I filmed this video with my friend Casey in order to include the added distractions of having a friend around while you try to do a task.

Logline

• A distracted student fights against distractions to complete schoolwork.

Intent / Goals

• My technical goal for this project was to include four edits (mine were standard cut, cutting on action, smash cut, and fade in/ fade out) that logically fit the flow of my video. My creative goal was to try adding my own music and new shots into the film.
  • I wanted my audience to feel a sense of distraction.

Research

• Editor and sound designer Walter Murch
  • What about them was interesting, compelling, and qualified them to be studied by you? Walter Murch is extremely qualified in editing, directing, writing, and sound design. His career in film began in 1969 and since then, he has won three Academy Awards, being called “the most respected film editor and sound designer in the modern cinema” by Roger Ebert, a highly acclaimed film critic.

Questions

• 1. Did the edits help the story progress?
    2. Was the log line clearly portrayed?

Peer Feedback

• Hunter: “The beginning made sense but toward the end things got confusing / less coherent”
  • Josie: “The drums in the background were good. The drums sped up as things got more hectic and matched the chaos of the video. Considering the log line, the cadywompus stuff could have been considered as a distraction.”
  • Mr. Favorite: “First shot was out of focus which made the video less good and took the viewer out of the story. Through the middle into the end, the story was not easy to understand.”